Sunday, July 15, 2012

Yellowstone- Part Two

Yellowstone- Part Two

I have to apologize for how long this post has taken me to complete. As I mentioned before, Yellowstone, and apparently most all of our National Parks are without wifi or internet or phone or TV, but really it was the lack of internet that gave me problems.

Anyway, on to more about Yellowstone. We went to see Old Faithful, because, well, it's Old Faithful.


Then we went to some of the nearby hot springs. To get the true feeling for the experience, though, you need to go to the kitchen and boil about a dozen eggs, then crack the shells and leave them outside in the heat for a few days, then bring them back in to your house and look at these pictures while you smell the eggs. Of course the springs and geysers all smell like sulphur, so while these are really beautiful, they will curl the hair on the inside of your nose.

The colors on this are beautiful in person. I was getting a lot of sky reflection here, so it's hard to tell. There are wooden pathways to walk on so as not to burn your feet, and this was my only vantage point.


Another pretty pool of stinkiness.



This is one of my favorite photos. I swear I didn't steal this from the internet or anything. It's that cool.


This is just  a close up of some of the rock near the pools that I thought was interesting.


Time for more animals...

This grizzly wandered by while we were stopped at a scenic overlook. We got there before the park rangers did.



I know it's a bit hard to tell but I think this is a herd of mule deer. The mule dear are larger than the white tail deer we have at home. This photo didn't even get all of them in it. As best as I could estimate, there were at least 40 in this herd.


 I had my small camera for this shot. The moma bear is on the left and the cub is trying to climb the tree in the center of the photo.


They are not dead.

See a live baby bison.

More elk

More views of Yellowstone

This is a awesome waterfall as seen from an upper view, but we decided to hike to it. We decended down over 500 steps, not to mention various switchbacks and a mile or so of just dirt trail. I knew I was in trouble when my legs were shaking from the trip down.

Some of the stairs were like these; they were metal stairs attached to the side of the cliff.
This wasn't easy with constant vertigo and dizziness....again, only me.



At the bottom was this rainbow. It made the trip worth the effort-until I had to climb back up.



2 comments:

  1. I finally got them to upload. I was so far behind. Did you see the one of Eli at Mt. Rushmore that I just added. It is so funny.

    ReplyDelete